Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Transfer #15

Moms and Pops,

So, to end any question in your minds. I am staying in Santa Rosa, just as I had predicted. Elder Evans is getting transferred to Vallejo. Coming in with me will be Elder Ty Weisenburger. We will still be the ZL's here (this will make 8 transfers as a ZL for me... more than half my mission!). Elder Weisenburger has been out around a year, so to me, he's pretty new still. I'll tell you more about him when I know more.

So Tony, he wasn't baptized this week... BUT! He will be baptized this coming Saturday! He was going through a rough time with his wife getting sick (she's pregnant) and receiving his 30 day notice to get out of his house (the owner wants to move in again). We all can see how Satan is attacking him right now. It actually works out perfect because we needed more time to teach him a few more things. He is getting interviewed tonight for his baptism, and the program is already set up, so he is good to go. He is truly one of God's elect. In a years time, him and his wife will be getting sealed, I can't wait! I will for sure have to come back for it.

Sounds like things are off to a good start with BYU and OSU! That makes me happy! Hope they can keep it up and make it to some bowl games that I can watch when I'm home :) As for NFL, I want to have high hopes for the Browns and Indy, but that is hard to do... I don't expect much, which will help when they get beat! I won't get upset. Works out perfect. Here, we see high school football players everywhere and on Friday nights we can see the lights in the stadiums and hear the crowds when we drive or walk by. Man, I miss those days! They were really fun, good times.

Nothing too crazy happened this week except we found ourselves in a Clearlake looking apartment complex with Clearlake-like people. That was fun! Talked to a few drugs addicts, it is sad to see... Their minds are so blasted that they can't think straight! One of them was talking to us and telling us that if we didn't preach what was in the Bible that we'd be taken by Muslims to the Middle East and be crucified. That was amusing. I'm not sure if that is exactly what he said, but that is what we gathered from it. I wrote that in my journal :)

Crazy to thing that I only have 4 months left... How does time fly by so fast?! I never imagined myself this far along in my mission, not that I ever didn't think i could do it, but it just seemed so far ahead that I couldn't fathom the thought of it. But, now that I'm here, it blows my mind. Elder Evans has been out a month and a half longer than me, and we've talked a lot about it. Especially the fact that the last 4 months or so of a mission are some of the hardest times because the light at the end of the tunnel is right in front of your face. It is one of the hardest times to focus. I will catch myself wondering in my mind and thinking about other things that don't matter at the moment. It's tough for sure, but days like this coming Saturday help pushing me forward. I'm sprinting right now, I hope I don't run out of juice right before the end.

Anyways, thank you for sending me some shirts! I look forward to getting the package... Did you put any long sleeve in? I asked for 2, because some of my long sleeve are not very pretty either... and it's getting into Fall and soon, Winter where I won't be wearing short sleeve anymore. So, that would be appreciated as well! Thank you so much though!

Well that's about it for me this week. I'll be sure to analyze everything about Elder Weisenburger so you can have all the details about him. I love you both very much, thank you for everything!

Love,
Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment