Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 12 - Holey Moley

Moms and Pops,

Crazy week! So... I was really surprised that neither of you talked about the elections! I was on exchanges with Elder Buchan on Tuesday and we had no idea what was going on with who was leading and who wasn't... then we got online at night to do facebook work and we just saw TONS and TONS of status saying things like ''we're screwed!!'' and ''well, let's pack up and move to Canada.'' I thought it was pretty humorous. Too bad that I have to be back for all 4 years of his administration... I enjoyed being a missionary and not knowing what the heck was going on... Let's sure hope that the country holds together for the next 4 years of having a communist regime... Let's look on the bright side, the first thing people say to us isn't ''are you going to vote for your guy?'' That's a good change of pace...

Anyway, today is my 22 month mark... That is so hard to imagine... I feel stuck in this missionary realm that time doesn't change. I still feel like that when January rolls around that I'm still going to be a missionary here in Novato, and I feel like I'll be doing that in February and on into the year... I can't comprehend going home. It doesn't really even phase me because it just doesn't feel real. I don't think that it'll hit me until we have our departing dinner at President's home, or even until I'm on the plane. It is a weird sensation.

Work here in Novato is really slow... and it's not for lack of effort. We are talking to everyone and we're tracting and going through every one of our former investigators... but we haven't gotten anything super solid. We were blessed this week with 3 new investigators that were found through former 'gators. Outside of that, nothing. It's hard. But, I also know that trials precede the miracle. I'm working on just being patient and trusting that the miracles will come.

So for our P-day's, we don't do anything super crazy. We have a very spread out zone, so it's hard to get together as a big body and do something fun... so, we've been coming up to Petaluma and hanging out here playing basketball or something... We usually email at the library, but because today is Veteran's day (Elder W is a veteran!) and it's closed.

Well, that's about it! Weird to think that I'll be 21 a week from Thursday, crazy... I hope all is going well! I just found out that the white shirt I am wearing is falling apart... Seems to be a common theme with my old white shirts... There is a hole in the back shoulder. Oh well... I'll be okay for another 2 months. I love you both!!! Give loves to my puppy!

Love,
Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment