Tuesday, November 20, 2012

October 23 - Transfers

Moms and Pops,
 
First off, on transfer weeks, our P-day is on Tuesday. So I couldn't email either of your on Monday if I wanted to. I know Mom had a question about that, it's not that I'm too busy on Monday, it's that Monday isn't our P-day on transfers. So, first off, I have been transferred. I am going to Novato to be with Elder Windholz. That name may look familiar, I may have talked about him before. But he is one of my best friends on the mission! I have served around him for 5 transfers previous to this, so we already know each other quite well. This transfer is such a blessing for me! I have wanted to serve in Novato for a very long time and Elder Windholz and I always talked about serving together. He is the one that is from Woodard, OK and served in the Army for 4 years before his mission. He spent 12 months in Afghanistan as well. He is awesome! We are going to do great together! Also, Elder Ramiah is in my zone, a previous companion, and so is Elder Buchan. So, I already know a lot of the missionaries! It is hard to believe that I only have 1 transfer after this... Boy, time sure does fly...
 
Anyway, the Swank family is getting baptized this Saturday! I am so excited for them! President is going to allow me to come back for their baptism, Novato is only about 45 minutes south of Santa Rosa. It is a very wealthy area as well, so it should be interesting. One of the girls that was going to get baptized, her legal guardian (her mother) isn't going to allow her to be baptized... so that is a big stink, but the other girl and then the grandma are still doing it though. How exciting!
 
This is a very short email, and I would write more, but I am very pressed for time right now. Sorry! I hope everything worked out with the Cards. Go Bucks, Go Cougars, Go Colts, Go Browns! Also, please send Kendra a text with my new address. And you can send me the package asap now. Here is my new address:
 
904 Lark Ct.
Novato, CA 94947
 
I love you both very much! I hope that you have a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Edwards
 
P.S. There is a Chipotle in Novato!!!!! There are only 2 in our mission, and 1 of them is in Novato. That is one of the places that we eat at. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment