Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

Moms and Pops,

Well, although my b-day is this week, I still feel the same as I did yesterday. I still feel like a kid actually. But alas, time moves on. You both know that, you're 600 years old! That made me laugh what dad said... classic.

To answer dad: Elder Windholz hasn't been out very long, he's only been out barely over a year, maybe 14 months. He goes home next September. And now for crazy news........ I'm not serving with him anymore. We had an emergency transfer. A missionary in Kelseyville is going home, his mission is over mid-transfer and he was a ZL and so Elder Windholz had to go there to fill in. So that means that I need someone here with me, so they brought down an Elder Blowers from Alabama to be with me. But, here is the crazy thing, he isn't a zone leader. I'm the lone ZL for the biggest zone in the mission. Crazy. Elder Blowers goes home with me in January, so I know him, but not very well. We'll only serve together for 2 weeks, until the transfer is over. Weird stuff, huh? I'm really sad, I loved Elder Windholz!!!! I miss him already, and he's only been gone for 3 hours... He will be a lifelong friend for sure.

Anyways, the week was great! Our teaching pool is increasing and we found an AWESOME investigator the other day. He has a young family, and he's from Mexico but speaks perfect English. His parents used to meet with missionaries in Mexico when he was real young, so he remembers that. He is a pretty humble guy and wants the gospel for him and his family. He has 2 young daughters and his wife. Awesome. It has also began to rain a bit this week, it rained a few days.. I got soaked! I didn't buy a raincoat, because I'm coming home soon and I don't want to buy it and then just keep it in my closet at home forever. I'll just tough it out for a month. I still can't wrap my head around that... It still feels fake.

Hello g-ma!!! I'm afraid to say that I didn't get her package... I hope she doesn't go nuts! We have a SWEET family that signed up for Thanksgiving, so no worries... their son plays lacrosse and they have a puppy german shepherd (who is pretty dang big), so I'll be in heaven! Thank you for the package by the way!! Those oatmeal cookies with whatever the heck is in them are dang delicious! The nice black sweater fits me, but the other one is only a large... You know that doesn't fit me! It is pretty tight... I guess I could wear it under a long sleeve shirt or something. The other nice sweater works perfectly fine, in fact, I wore it last night.

Other than that... Go OSU! BYU isn't doing too well... they need to shape up before I get there, or I'll be ticked! And dad, I know, I worry about all that stuff too! But, it'll all work out somehow. I'm jealous of your trip to Dublin... that place was cool! I really want to go back and visit Europe, especially Belgium. Looking back, those were great days, and I am constantly reminded of the opportunity that I let slip through my fingers to learn French and make the most of my experience there... I hate that... But, live and learn I guess...

I love you both very much! I hope your week goes well! Is Colin going home for Thanksgiving?

Love,

Elder Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment