Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Camp Zion and a Baptism

Moms and Pops,
Hello again! We just got back from our 4 day camping trip! Holy cow, it was crazy!!! Because we're zone leaders, we were running all over the place the whole 4 days. We were so super busy. We had to "own our zone" and considering we have the largest zone in the mission: 24 missionaries, it made it a bit difficult. This camp is in the mountains by the coast, so in the camp itself, there is a very steep hill that has steps built into it, and we literally ran up and down that thing about 30 times in 4 days... My legs were so burned out and tired, but Winholz (Sarge is his nickname) was loving it! It was a lot of fun. We did a ton of workshops and the best part was that we didn't have to wear our normal missionary clothes! We got to wear "civis!" When I asked for long-sleeve shirts, I was thinking more of thermals so I would be warm... Not long-sleeve dress up shirts, but it's okay, I survived! I was only cold once, really... And even then it wasn't all that bad. I got to see a lot of loved ones as well: Bishop Kastner (from Napa 2nd ward), he picked up his missionaries, President Bell (he is the new 2nd counsilor to the mission president), and a few others that I haven't ever mentioned. One of the best parts of the week was when we returned on Saturday, we had a baptism to prepare for the next day! A lady named Liza was baptized after 2 years of investigating the church. This was her 3rd attempt to get baptized, and she ran into road blocks the first 2 times. But it worked out this time! We had a huge turnout at the baptism, the whole ward knows her. That is when Sister Barella got my picture, so that was only yesterday! She brought down Elder Weisenburger and Elder Felix because they both have served here in Novato and have both worked with her so they came to the baptism. It was great! We had one of our 'gators there. This particular 'gator would be baptized if she wasn't an alcoholic. Her daughter was murdered a few years ago and it she has struggled ever since. We're working with her though. She actually might end up going to a rehab facility in Vallejo because it's so bad, she's been hospitalized a few times because of it. It's pretty sad to watch...
Go OSU! I like bye weeks sometimes, because then you can't lose! Go Colts! And Go Browns (even if they lost...)! I loved the pictured of Max that you sent. I could only really cut 1 of them to a size that I could put it in my wallet, but that's fine. As for my birthday/christmas... like I said, I'd rather you just save money and send me some super sweet ties, than spend a lot of money on me. For ties, like I said, I like bright colors! Remember to not be too crazy with it though... Other than that, just save the money and we'll go shopping for whatever I need when I get home. I'm going to need some things, so just hold on to it. Can you believe that I'm coming home in 2 months... I can't. It is so surreal to me, it can't really be happening. I don't really believe that it is, so it's all okay. Weird thing though, Elder Buchan is going home in 1 month, that is crazy...
Anyways, Elder Windholz is keepin me in shape. I feel like my belly has gone down a bit and that my face has slimmed down a bit as well. But I'll let you be the judge. Also, send me back my memory card! I took a ton of pictures on the one that I have right now, it has around 125 on it or something. Or I can just use this one for the remainder of my mission, I don't really care either way. Also, I would send you pictures, but I lost my cord, so I can't... Sorry!
I love you both very much, thank you for everything!! I hope that you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment