Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Un Otra Semana (Another Week)

Mis Padres,
So, in an attempt to answer you concerns about me, well... I wish I had a definite answer for you haha. The cause for my...whatever you want to call it... may be because of a few things. One, President Bunker leaving and the changes that are taking place with President Alba. Two, having investigators constantly say and promise us that they'll be at church, and then when Sunday rolls around, no one is there. That is extremely disappointing. Three, yes Elder Buchan and I get along GREAT, but... that is also our downfall. I feel that I haven't been the missionary that I need to be. But, things are looking up in that arena. So, it may be one of those things, or it may be all of them combined. I don't know. Like I said, I don't have a definitive answer for you, but that's what's been going on lately.
Anyway, our week has been pretty good actually. We taught more lessons this week to investigators, rather than LA's or RC's. I think I told you that we're also covering the Solano Ward, so that puts a bit more onto our plate. Yesterday, Elder Buchan and I split up for church, I went to Solano Ward and he stayed in 1st Ward. It was an interesting experience. We were supposed to have investigators at both wards, but the ones that promised us would be there... weren't. BUT! We did have 2 investigators show up to 1st Ward that we're teaching and they're progressing! I'm really excited for them. Yes, we went to the temple not too long ago, and I have good pictures from it! I keep meaning to send my card, but then I think about how I want to print off pictures from it, and I haven't done that yet. It'll happen eventually!
We had Zone Conference this week as well over in Woodland. It was a really really good one. One of the workshops that the assistants did really hit me hard. He talked about teaching repentance with love. He asked for a volunteer companionship to come up and teach that (role play), I volunteered for us. Then, he gave us the twist... The assistant was going to be someone close to me ...  That changed it so much more! Holy cow... it was a powerful experience.
This is the last week of the transfer. I don't know if I'm going to be transfered or not, we'll see! Of course, you'll find out on Monday or Tuesday.
I love you both. Thank you for your concern! I hope the packages that you send me get here before the transfer, if I get transfered. I hope you both enjoy a great week!
Love,
Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment