Tuesday, July 31, 2012

President Alba

Moms and Pops,

Well, I'm starting to get used to the new mission president. I actually love him a LOT. He is the complete opposite of President Bunker. Bunker was straight up, fire in his eyes, and would yell and get you all pumped up and ready to run through a wall. President Alba is one of the most compassionate and loving men I have ever met. When I'm around him he makes me want to be more holy. We had our first Zone Leader Council this week with President Alba, and it was incredible. Multiple times during that meeting, the Spirit confirmed to me that President Alba is the man to preside over our mission. He is an incredible person. A few small changes have been made so far, nothing too major, some of which are church-wide. I'm excited to continue to work alongside President Alba.

As for our week, it's been good. We are still struggling at finding new investigators, but we're trying. We can't force people to listen to us, but we sure can invite, and that's what we do. It's good to hear that ya'll have yourselves a good pair of missionaries. It's interesting to see the member side of it, I don't know anything that the members have said about me here, or in my other areas. But, in reality, it doesn't matter, if I were to find out it would only be to gratify my pride. We do have a few super solid potential investigators though that some members are working with, so, hopefully this week we'll start teaching them.

The weather here is slowly heating up now. It's not humid, which helps, but it's still super hot. It's going to be getting into the triple digits here this week and the following weeks as well. Awesome... Luckily, I'm in a van! I don't know if I told ya'll about that, but Elder Buchan and I are the "soccer moms" for our zone. It's awesome. I went on exchanges this week to an area that was a bike... it was hot... I was drained at the end of the day because I sweat so much. Good stuff.

Anyway, nothing else too exciting has happened. At least not that I can recall. We're going to the temple this Wednesday in Sacramento. That is a beautiful temple.

Have a great week! I love you both very much.
 
Love, Elder Brennan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment