Thursday, July 5, 2012

Farewell to President Bunker

Mom and Dad,

Today, it is hard for me to not be emotional. I just got done writing my last email to President Bunker. He leaves this week, and we welcome in President Alba. I can't describe the love that I have for President Bunker, that man has changed my life. I couldn't have ever asked for a better mission president to serve with. However great my love and devotion is to and for President Bunker, I look forward to serving alongside with President Alba.

It sounds like you all have a had a very active week! It's been pretty mild here this last week, it's been amazing. It's been in the 70s pretty much all week. But, that is not to last very long, it is supposed to get scorching hot here this week.

It has been another trying week. Not that we didn't teach a lot, but that all in a space of about 2-3 days we've lost a few solid investigators, including one who was going to get baptized shortly, and we have tracted into many anti-mormons. It has been tough, but I know that only after many trials and much testing do we become fully converted (look at conversion under the BD). My testimony has been strengthened talking to those that are quite anti, it has reaffirmed to me how apostasy occurs. They take many things out of context and twist them to sound terrible. Whenever we defended a point that they brought up and gave an adequate response, they would immediately change the subject. Elder Buchan and I have a goal of tracting 1000 doors this transfer, we are at about 100 right now... but we have 5 more weeks to get it done.

Your "tick island" sounds liked a horror story. I hate ticks... Dad, what is your work shop going to be on? I could give you some ideas! But, I guess you're doing it this week. Good luck!

I'm not too sure what else to say, I am filled with many emotions at this moment with President Bunker leaving. I'm sorry that this is somewhat of a "lame" email. No dad, I'm not discouraged about anything. I figured that you would worry because I wasn't my happy cheerful email self haha! But, things are good. Just a bit sad to see someone that has influenced my life to such an incredible extent leave. It is a bit hard. I'm a bit attached as you see! Anyway, I love you both. I hope that you have a very good and hopefully a not too exciting week (when there's excitement, it's usually not good). Give Maxy my loves.

Love,

Elder Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment