Tuesday, July 31, 2012

18 Months?

Parents,

Holy cow, has it really been over 18 months since I began my mission? Wow. Luckily, it's hard for me to comprehend the end, because it's still in the middle of summer and I have to get through Fall as well. I'm still fully invested! That reminds me, tell G-ma I'm getting her letters and also express my apologies for not responding... same thing with Shelley. Thank you.

Sounds like ya'll have had a pretty busy week between the pups and yard work. It is crazy here. I wish it was crazy in the sense that we had a ton of 'gators to teach, but that isn't the case yet. There are sister missionaries in the YSA ward in VV, and one of them had to go home for medical reasons, so the other sister got moved out. Now, Elder Buchan and I are covering the YSA Ward as well as 1st Ward. So, things are crazy. We went to the YSA Ward yesterday and it was really interestng. We also ticked off one of our members yesterday. She signed up for dinner, and we were going to dinner at a YSA's house because we were going to teach someone there, and because we've been so busy we forgot to call and cancel. So we called at 4:56 pm to cancel, right before we were supposed to go over, and boy... she was ANGRY. She talked in such a calm but angry voice. She said that if it were ya'll that ya'll would scold us because we were so rude... We should have called for sure, I get that, but holy cow! This is the FIRST time that this has happened since I've been here in VV... she said that she's never signing up to feed missionaries again (which is okay with me because the last time she did it was TERRIBLE). So, that was an interesting story for the week.

Other than that, we're still struggling with some of our investigators. We are struggling to find new investigators as well, but we're trying. There are only 2 weeks in the transfer left, and I don't think I'm going to be here very much longer. The transfer ends on the 30th. So, it'll be a good transfer, to see where I'm going, if I am at all.

Well, I hope ya'll have a great week! I love you both very much, thank you for your support!

Love,

Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment