Sunday, November 27, 2011

FORTUNA

Dear papa,
 
You get your own personal email today! Mom is late on her email... But to not keep you in suspense... I have been transferred. I will be going up to Fortuna. It's like 30-40 minutes south of Eureka. I will be a DL there with a pretty new missionary, only been out 3 months. I will cover the Fortuna Ward and the Miranda branch. The area that I cover is HUGE. I'm pretty isolated out there. But I am so excited!! It has been hard to say bye to people here though, man I love these people so much! But, it's time for me to move on. I have received a spiritual confirmation that Heavenly Father is happy with the work that I have done here. I've had the incredible opportunity to be a part of 8 people's conversions. It truly has been amazing. My mission now feels like it is FLYING by... only just over a month until I'm on the other side of the ladder and I'm climbing down... Hard to believe.
 
Anyway, so what happened with football???? I guess mom will give me the hook up.
 
The only thing that sucks about being transferred, is that I'll be spending Thanksgiving with people that I don't know. It's gonna be weird... But thats how it goes sometimes. I am way excited for Thanksgiving though! I'm going to eat so so much! Woo!
 
As for your un-edifying thoughts about the future and money and whatnot. 1 scripture comes to mind... look up 3 Nephi 13 and read the last like 3 or 4 verses. Think about that. I'm sure you already know though, but it'll bring peace of mind.
 
We got to go to the temple this last week! It was sweet!!! I love the temple... Now that I'll be in Fortuna, I will be going to the Medford Temple up in Oregon. Crazy huh!?
 
So yesteday was a great way to end a transfer. We had another baptism! A 16 year old kid, named Kyle, was baptized and his friend who is a member baptized him. Kyle is already talking about serving a mission. It's so sweet!! I can't get over it! Man, being a missionary is the best thing ever! You guys should go serve as senior missionaries!
 
Anyway, love you pops, you're the best. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It doesn't feel like my birthday at all... but that's okay. I'll talk to you next week and tell you all about Fortuna.
 
Love,
Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment