Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TRANSFERRED OR NOT???

Hello,

Transfers are today. Before I tell you what is happening with me, I'll let you guess. Is it:

A. I'm staying in Napa and things are the same as last transfer
B. I'm being transferred
C. Elder Bacon is being transferred and I'm staying
D. I'm training in Napa

I'll let you think about that while I write about my short week. It wasn't very exciting. We taught like 15 lessons. We have been really working hard with Susanne! I'm so excited for her! She is having her baptismal interview this coming Wednesday, and she wants me to confirm her after she is baptized! Actually, Elder Bacon kind of volunteered me because I haven't done it before. But I really don't care who does it, all I care about is if the ordinance is being performed. Susanne is going to be a gold mine for referrals too. She has been talking about the gospel to everyone who talks to her. She is an incredible missionary. We were studying Preach My Gospel at DM (District Meeting) this week and one of the things we talked about was how you know if someone is "truly converted." The truly converted can't get enough of the restored gospel, they can't stop reading and they want to tell everyone about it. Susanne is doing all of these things. We have taught her pretty much everything. She came to church yeterday and she LOVED it. We had a fantastic Easter Sunday. Wonderful talks, uplifting music and great lessons. I was very edified. But I am very happy for Susanne. She is going to be a very powerful addition to this ward. I can see her being a future Relief Society President or something of the sort.

Other than Susanne, not much else has happened. Our Bishop found us a new investigator -- Jordan. He is 23 and is looking for something in his life. We met him and taught him about the Book of Mormon at our Bishop's Honda Dealership. We taught him in our Bishop's office. It was pretty sweet actually. So we picked Jordan up, but unfortunately, he is a YSA (Young Single Adult) and therefore belongs to the single ward sisters. But I'm happy for them becuase they haven't had any investigators almost this entire transfer. They have been struggling. So they were VERY excited to get Jordan.

Alright, ready for the answer? If you answered D, you are WRONG! The correct answer is B. I'm being transferred, and I'm really upset about it actually. I will miss Susanne's baptism. When I told her the news she started crying...it made me so sad! But I'm going to Fairfield 3rd Ward. Figures, right when me and Elder Bacon are having tons of fun and working great together and we have a baptism in 2 weeks, and I'm loving it here, President Bunker sees fit to take me away. UGHH!! I told him I didn't want to leave. Guess that was a bad idea. Along with that, I'm whitewashing...wooo hooo. If you don't know what whitewashing is, it is when the 2 missionaries in an area both get transferred at the same time and the 2 new incoming missionaries have no idea what's going on there. I am one of those incoming missionaries. Me and my new comp -- Elder Carter -- are going to have to do a LOT of work this week figuring everything out and getting caught up with the investigators there, if there are any. Presient Bunker called us the other day and he congratulated me on my new assignment. I was pretty bitter with him. He said that he is excited for me to get there and to pick it back up. Word on the street is that Fairfield is like a roller coaster. Apparently it is at a low, just like Napa was...wonderful. However, I know that I'm being sent there for a reason, just like I was sent to Napa for a reason. I must have fulfilled my purpose here because I'm leaving. But the Lord has need of me elsewhere and I'm going to try my best even though I've been very spoiled with the best Bishop in the entire mission (it's true, 2 other missionaries have confirmed that). So, there is the news for the week. Fun stuff.

My new address is:   2215 Peach Tree Dr., Apt. 29, Fairfield, CA 94533.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment