Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Week in Fairfield

Dear Fam,

It was so good to hear from you (first P-Day after our big tornadoes in St. Louis)!!! Man, I wish I could have seen Max (cowering under the desk during storms)! Over here, it has been nothing but clear skies, sun and about 80 degrees! Sounds nice, huh? Not when you're on a bike all day riding up huge hills...but it is very very windy here too so that cools you off a bit.

So when I heard that I got transferred I was pretty discouraged because I was going to miss my FIRST baptism with Susanne. I'm still counting her as mine...She is so awesome! But Fairfield is great. The people here are so nice, unlike Napa. Right now we are teaching 2 kids, one is about 20 and the other is like 18. Other than those two, the previous 2 missionaries didn't leave us much to work with. This first week we have only taught 9 lessons, 3 of which came from just teaching people on the street. We might potentially have a family to teach! We will see tonight.

Yes, I have met Logan's family already. We stopped by there my 2nd day here. It's so wierd that I'm in his home ward. I feel like he should be here. One of Logan's best friends I already know too because he came to visit Logan at school for a weekend and he stayed in our dorm. Logan comes home for a weekend on the 12th, so I'm very excited about that!

Let me tell you something, I have NEVER worked so hard in my life than I have this past week. Coming in to a new area that has next to nothing going in it, with a companion also not knowing anyone...it is extremely hard. I have never been so emotionally, physically and spiritually exhausted in my life. No one said missionary work was easy. But just so you know, I'm working very hard and I'm putting my trust in the Lord. He'll help us out here, I know that.

Love,

Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment