Monday, April 4, 2011

RAIN RAIN RAIN

Hey!

This week has been rain and rain and rain. It had gotten to be pretty cold too. But it was a slower week, only 11 lessons. But we picked up another investigator that our bishop found. I love my bishop! He is the most missionary-minded bishop or even member that I've ever met. He's great! I've placed 4 BoMs because of him. But this new investigator has the BoM. She read to 1 Nephi 8 in less than a week. She even went through the trouble to find a BoM Made Easy Book. The kind that mom used for seminary and things like that. She is EXTREMELY interested in the church. She grew up Jewish too. If we could meet with her more than once a week, she'd be baptized in about 2 or 3 weeks. She is amazing. The other investigators are doing well. Bryan came to church for the full 3 hours! It has been the first time that he came to our ward too. It was a fantastic Sunday too. Elder Baon game a phenomenal talk on the Book of Mormon and I had to teach Elders Quorum -- about 15 people. But we're doing very well here in Napa. We just got a member to renew his temple recommend!!! His wife was VERY appreciative. That made me feel really good. I've found that I love nothing more than seeing people be happy and change their lives. Like Jen, I've watched her as she has read the Book of Mormon and every time we see her, she is more happy than the previous week. She stopped drinking coffee. It just brings me such happiness and joy. I can feel Heavenly Father's approval and happiness of what I am doing here in Napa.

We do need to find some more people to teach, and guess how we do that? Yes ... tracting. I hate tracting. Although we have had some VERY interesting experiences. We are tracting just about every day, probably 4 days out of the week for about an hour or so. We gotta find people some how, right? I wish there was an easier way. We actually had someone contact us this week! It was an answer to my prayer when I asked Heavenly Father to help us to find people to teach. She passed us while we were walking and she stopped, backed up and started talking to us. We told her about the restoration and gave her a pamphlet. She was VERY excited about it. She even wrote all of her own contact information down for us!

It is so evident that people don't understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith is such an important principle and it leads to repentance which is a saving principle inasmuch as you are baptized by the proper priesthood authority along with receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's SO simple. But that's our job out here to teach people about that.

Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment