Saturday, April 23, 2011

THIS IS MY LIFE

Hello!

THis week has been really good. We taught 20 lessons. Although our numbers show that we had a fantastic week, don't be fooled. It was quite difficult. We have been talking to EVERYONE. I have become very bold with talking to people. We were walking down town and I talked to like 10+ different people in about a hour. I also placed 2 Book of Mormon's this week which is a personal best for me. But it has been a hard week. We lost a few more investigators that weren't progressing, so we had to stop seeing them. That was sad, but they just weren't ready I suppose.

But on the other hand, Susanne. Oh boy, she is a miracle. She has a very strong testimony already. She KNOWS that the Book of Mormon is true, she KNOWS that Joseph Smith was a prophet and she KNOWS that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet today. When we taught Susanne the first time this last week, she said that she set a date to be baptized before her birthday in August. Me and Elder Bacon said that she con be baptized on May 7th because she is ready. We were skeptical, of course, but we just told her to think about it and pray about it and she gladly accepted. The very NEXT day we get a call from our Bishop who talked to Susanne and he said that she prayed and she got an answer. She is set for May 7th!!! When we saw Susanne that night for the Garden (a musical oratory thing that was AWESOME), she told us that she got her answer and that she quit drinking coffee and that she is preparing to be baptized on May 7th. She quit drinking coffee that day. She gave it all up. She gave all her coffee beans away and she gave her coffee pot to her boss who has a daughter going to college. She doesn't smoke or anything which is a plus. How is that for a story?! Oh man, I've never been this happy in my life. Now I kow why Alma said, "this is my life." This is just my joy and happiness for 1 person. It's incredible how happy this has made me. I"m so thankful I chose to come out and serve. If not, then Susanne may not of ever been found, she may not of ever made the decision to be baptized, and therefore she would not have been able to get onto the path that leads to eternal life. For those of you following along, GO SERVE A MISSION!!!  There is seriously no greater joy than seeing someone you love and someone that you have been teaching make the decision to be baptized. Man, I really do love this. I can't say it enough. It is tough at times, but for ALL the rejection and for all the hate people have towards us, it is worth it for this one person.

That's my story for the week. I love every single second of this. Hopefully I'll be able to stay in Napa for the next transfer and see Susanne get baptized. If not, oh well, the Lord has need for me somewhere else. That's all I have to report on this week really.

For you mom, missionaries usually stay in an area 3-6 months. I'm coming up on 3 months at the end of this transfer so I could possibly be transferred out. I really hope not, but we'll see on Saturday when we get the information. We get out info only 2 days in advance. They don't want us to have time to think about it and whatnot.

Anyway, I love you all! Thank you for your support.

Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment