Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Woo!

Moms and Pops,
 
It's great to hear from ya'll! Well, while mom was in Florida on the beach, and while dad was complaining that he wasn't on the beach (haha just kidding!) I was out slaving in the hot sun all week with no beach!! But, that's okay, I'd rather be here than on the beach. It has been a great week! I love the heck out of Elder Ramiah!!! He is such a goofy kid! Sri Lankan's are fun. He has a Indian accent and sometimes people don't understand him. It's interesting to be on this side of people not understanding one another. He wants to have an "American accent" because he was taught English by British people. So, he says things like a Brit with an Indian accent. So, I'm trying to help him talk like a redneck American! We moved out of our old apartment this week, and we're in our new one. I like it, it's just a generic little apartment. I don't know the address of it. But mom, you don't need to send me cleats, I bought some today for $20 at a thrift store, thanks though! The weather here has been awesome! It's been in the upper 70s and lower 80s and sunny all week. I had to break out my short sleeve shirts again. We were also given a car, so that makes me happy too!


This is a very rich area... lots of doctors, dentists, and lawyers. The houses here are massive... So, I'm back to that rich person pride again. I'm still trying to adjust to it a bit, I'm getting there. I'm not used to tracting not being effective, up north it worked like a charm! The ward here is massive too, well, it may have been because it was Easter Sunday... The chapel was packed! It was weird... it was a fast and testimony Sunday because they didn't do it the Sunday before conference. They did that in Fortuna for my last Sunday there so, 2 out of the past 3 weeks have been Fast Sundays for me! I bore my testimony and my voice is really deep and raspy because I've had a frog in my throat the past 3-4 days. But, it was good!


I'm jealous that you got to go campin dad!!! I wanna go camping when I get home. There is a misisonary in my district, Elder Schulte (he was my ZL in Eureka right before i became the ZL) and he is a carbon copy of John Plisga except that he's a member! He's also from Missouri!!! He's from Jefferson City, he's going home in October. We've already discussed our plans for post-mission which includes us going camping (you can come Dad! Mom, you can too if you want, but I know you hate camping), going to the temple, and just hanging out! I offered a room at our hotel for him to stay/live in. I did the same with Elder Blake... Tell me if you want me to stop renting out rooms in our house :) But, I love that kid! Anyways, I was surprised to see that Max was a good boy and didn't run away!!! He is smart when he wants to be! I bet it was because he was in a place he didn't know, so he stayed close. Too bad for the fishing... haha Did you catch anything with him helping you?

Anyway, that was my week! I hope you all have a great week this week.

Love you both so much! Have you seen the Bible Videos on lds.org? If not, you should check them out! They're great. Much love!

Love,

Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment