Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Conference

Moms and Pops,
 
General Conference was AWESOME! I loved it... Just when you think it can't get any better, it does! It was interesting, only 1 speaker focused his talk on the Book of Mormon this time. The overall main theme that I gather was that we need to teach our families not only to know the gospel, but to understand it and have it sink into their hearts.  Paul (I think it's Paul) says in the New Testament something along the lines of not getting involved in petty arguements. Elder Holland threw down on being envious of others and judging. He spoke about the parable of the laborors in the Lord's Vineyard and how those that worked from early in the morning got the same wage as those who only worked for an hour. President Uctdorff talked about a smiliar thing, he had a GREAT quote that he actually quoted from a bumper sticker that said "don't judge me because I sin differently than you." There were a lot of talks about that as well. I don't know if I had a favorite... I loved Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, both of President Uctdorff's and both of President Eyring's, Elder Packer's, Elder Perry's, Donald L. Hallstrom (presidency of the Seventy), and of course, President Monson's talks. It was just a great conference!!!

So, OSU lost, huh? They have a GREAT record of choking don't they? We had dinner at a member's house on Saturday and they just got over halftime and OSU was up by 10... I guess they lost that. Lame.

Vacaville is AWESOME! It's beautiful here, it's very much like Fairfield. It's been in the 70s a few times, but it's also rained a few times. Time for me to break out my short sleeves again. Although, it's supposed to be super hot here in the summer. It's pretty dry too, unlike up north where it's damp and gross... It's a bit of a culture shock to be in a functioning ward, the first one on my mission. This will be a good area. My companion, Elder Ramiah, is AWESOME! I love the kid... he's not really a kid, he's 24, but he's from freaking SRI LANKA! I told dad that there are only 5 missionaries that are out from Sri Lanka, and he is the only one in the United States... Crazy, huh? Sri Lanka has a population of about 20 million, and the church membership is about 800... that is approximately 1 in every 25,000 people is a member. Wow. He's just a goofy guy. I never thought that I'd have a not white comapnion. He speaks good english, but he has an Indian accent. I just love the guy! It's going to be a good transfer. As for the members, I've met a few of them through dinners and whatnot. The population of Vacaville is about 100,000 and there are 6 wards (one of them is a singles ward) and they have a spanish group too. So, Vacaville is it's own stake. Priesthood session was PACKED. The first time I've ever seen them have to open the overflow for the general conference PH session. It was great to see!

That was an awesome April Fool's joke that was played on Shelley, it gets my props! Anyways, that's my report for the week. I love you mom, thank you for everything! Also, how is my money looking on my chase card? Also, can you send me my cleats? Now that I'm in a zone that is super close together, I can have real P-days and they play football and rugby here! I'm so excited to have real P-days again!!!!! It's been 8 months since I've been in a place like this! So, send me my cleats as soon as possible please (if you can find them, if not, I'll buy some cheap ones at Ross). Oh, and we're moving apartments this week, so i'll give you our new apartment address once we move.

Again, I love you mom! You're the sweetest lady ever, although you scare others, you're sweet to me and that's all that matters!! ;) I'm just kidding about scaring others, although you have intimidated my past girlfriends, but, they needed it haha You're just lookin out for your little Scooby :)


Love,

Your son, Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment