Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hello

Mis Padres,

Well hello there! It sounds like you guys have had a sufficiently boring week haha.Too bad for the Cardinals, oh well. So, mom, you wanna talk about spending a day being soaked and wet? Try serving a mission... I can't count on my fingers or toes how many days I've spent just drenched... Lately, it's been pretty nice here! It's rained pretty good this week, I got wet pretty good. Today is a beautiful day! When it's nice here, it's nice. I'm not looking forward to spending a summer here though, it gets into the 110s in the summer... I thought Fairfield was bad, well, it's about 10 degrees hotter here than in Fairfield.

This week has been good! We've spent a TON of time doing service for others. This old couple in our ward had an emergency with one of their dogs, so we went over and cleaned up their yard and whatnot because they've been swamped and have neglected it. That was fun! We also helped someone move this week. Our whole zone is so close together that it's really easy to get all 14 of us to help someone move, and that's what we did. Unfortunately, this family wasn't organized... They had boxes all over the house, and furniture that hadn't been taken care of, so that was all up to us. Luckily, we have 2 Samoan's in the zone, and they are buff... They're big boys. Amidst all of the service that we did this week, Elder Ramiah and I still managed to teach 21 lessons! That's pretty dang good. We've had members out with us almost every day of the week, all of our lessons except 5 were with members (that's a huge deal in missionary work by-the-by). It was a good week. We didn't have anyone at church though... We picked up 2 new investigators on Saturday that said they'd be there, but we called them Sunday morning to remind them and they said they're going to sleep in............. Really? Not only is chucrh at 11:00, but they don't have jobs!!! They can sleep in any gosh dang day of the week if they want to! Ughh... that's frustrating. But, that's the life of a missionary.

I don't really have too much else to report on... It blows my mind everytime I think about how long I've been out (15 months). Whenever I talk to Elder Schulte, he's only 2 transfers ahead of me, and he is about to hit his 18 month mark in 4 days! Holy cow!! That's hard to believe. Time flies by so fast. Well, not much else to say or report on. I hope ya'll have a great week!!! I love you both very much!

Love,

Elder Brennan


No comments:

Post a Comment