Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MIRACLES

Dear All,

It's been really freaking hot and sunny the past 2 weeks and all I do is sweat. It's horrible. But there are worse places to be that are even more hot. I am getting quite bronze though for being out in the sun ALL day. We are getting well fed (for Mom). I weighed myself the other day and I'm up to 232! Holy freak! I don't look any fatter....I'm just gonna say it's the huge massive things attached to my legs called muscles. They really are massive. Speaking of, I TOUCHED THE RIM OF A BASKETBALL HOOP! hahahahaha that was the best day ever. I told ya, I'm going to be able to slam when I get home.

Alright! Are you ready to read this mighty miracle that has been wrought among the people here in Fairfield 3rd Ward area?

Saturday night, Elder Carter and I were walking around talking to people to try and find new people to teach. We only talked to 1 person, who was a drunk homeless that only wanted money. AND then we ran in to Romy taking out his trash. Romy is from the Philippeans, and he doesn't have a job and he lives with one of his friends for the time being. He used to live with his son in an apartment, but his son kicked him out. We talked to him about how he is a choice son of God and that Heavenly Father wants to see him succeed and find happiness. Romy was all over it. He said he's seen missionaries in the Philippeans. He also said he wants to learn more about God and he even said he wants to be a missionary! After talking to him, I invited him to be baptized. He said "yes" without hesitation. I then proceeded to talk to him about how big of a step that is and how Heavenly Father has blessings that he is waiting to give Romy. The down side -- Romy has sold all of his things so that he can pay for his way to move back to the Philippeans where his family is. He said he was flying back July 5th. Imagine the disappointment that I had. This was the 2nd time that we have found someone that is ready to enter into a covenant with God and be baptized. We set up a time to see Romy on Sunday to continue to teach him. Later that night before I went to bed, I knelt down as usual to say my prayers. I begged and pleaded with Heavenly Father to bless Romy with a miracle. I asked for a way to be provided so that he can stay long enough to enter into the waters of baptism. During my prayer, I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and peace flow over me. I knew then that God would provide a way. Even if we couldn't teach and baptize Romy, I knew that somehow and some way he would be provided for.

On Sunday we had an appointment with Romy right after Church. We rushed over and were 15 minutes late (we get out of Church at 4:00). Guess what we saw? Romy was working! He was hired for a mini job to make a little extra money. That is just one blessing. He found a way to make a little money so that he can support himself. We talked to him for about 3 minutes and he said to come back later that evening. We did so, and arrived at his place of residence at 7:00. He was out working on his son's car. He told us that his son had come by and apologized for being a jerk and for being angry all the time. He also said that he loves him. There is blessing/miracle number 2. Then we proceeded to teach Romy a very short lesson about our life on Earth. The day before, we had given Romy a Book of Mormon and a chapter to read - Alma 34. During our lesson with him we read Alma 34:32 that says, "this life is the time to prepare to meet God." We talked about that for a bit and then talked to Romy about his travel plans. He told us that he is going to talk to his agent and move his departure date back! The original date was for July 15, and he is going to try to move it back to that. He said he wants to be baptized. We then set a baptismal date for him for July 9th. We are able to see him every day so we have 2 weeks to prepare him and teach him everything. He truely has been prepared by the Lord.

Miracles do happen and they happen often. I know, without a doubt, that Heavenly Father has a hand in this. There is absolutely no way that he could not have. I'm so grateful to be a part of this miracle and to be the servant in which the Lord directed to find Romy. I love this work so much. It is hard, but it is worth every second of it.

I hope this brightens up your week. It certainly has brightened mine. Just always remember - miracles do happen.

Love, Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment