Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Status Quo

Dear Mom and Dad,

Today was transfers and it was a crazy day. What do you think happened? Well, I'll tell you. Fairfield got turned upside down! Every single companionship has changed...except Elder Carter and me. But, I gott love him. We won't have success if I don't. On top of that, I'm a District Leader now. It's a little different than in the MTC - I don't just get mail for people. I have to be an example to all the missionaries in my district and I have to go on exchanges with all the elders every week. I have to teach district meetings, which are usually 2-2 1/2 hours long, and I have to make sure everyone is being good and obedient. It's a big responsibility. I hope I can fulfill my calling. I need to step it up a bit.

I'm very excited for Brian. He will do great! I'm also pumped for Tanner (Green). Logan comes home in a few weeks for the summer, so I'm pumped for that.

Speaking of summer, we have had some very unsummer-like weather here! It hasn't been hot, it's actually been raining and cool. I'm not complaining! Delay the heat as much as possible! In the summer in Fairfield it usually is in the upper 90s-100s. So the longer it rains and is cool, the better for me! I have a crazy tan line on my arms.

I DO need something. I need a watch. The other one just exploded. I would enjoy a nice black one that is manly. But whatever is okay with me.

The discouragement is tough. I fight it every hour of every day. Fairfield is hard. But things are looking up. We had 2 investigators at church yesterday. One of them is Samoan and huge and used to be a really big drug dealer but he has been clean for 7 years. He grew up with an LDS friend, so he knows about the church. He wants to be baptized! He has a date for July 2nd. Now for the kicker...he doesn't live in Fairfield. He lives in Reno and he was only back for the week to visit his wife and kid. He goes to school in Reno. The other "gator" we had is a small old lady from Taiwan. She said that she thinks the church is true. We are taking baby steps with her because she grew up being taught the doctrine of buddhism. But we're coming along with her as well. Other than those 2, well not much is happening.

I miss MAX. Do you ever say my name around him? Does he get excited when you do? Give him a big hug for me.

I think the Heat will win the NBA championship. Who will draft Jimmer?

Thank you for all of your encouragement. It does help. I appreciate your prayers too. I need all the help I can get out here.

Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment