Thursday, July 14, 2011

6 Months

Dear All,

6 Months...it's so hard to believe! It really does go by in the blink of an eye. I am trying to make the most out of it, trust me.

Things in Fairfield are going well. Francis set her own bawptism date! She will be baptized on July 28th I think. There is some big young single adult activity that weekend so things are a bit crazy. But she has a testimony and a strong desire to follw the example of the Savior. We taught her about tithing and that was her HUGE weakness. She doesn't have a lot of money, she has some debts, and she has a son that is on disability. She literally can't spare 10%. She said that she will give what she can.

We have transfers again this weekend. Again?! Goes by so quick. I think I'm going to stay in Fairfield for 6 months, so I think I'm good to stay. Elder Carter has already been in Fairfield for 4 1/2 months, so he is gonna be transferred.

So, not much else on this end, other than 1/4 of my mission is done in the blink of an eye. It's nuts. We had dinner at someone's house because their son just returned from his mission and it was crazy! So many people there. It made me think and wonder about what my return will be like. I doubt it'll be anything like that because I don't know anyone in St. Louis. Oh well, I don't need to worry about it.

I'm really happy to hear that you (Dad and Mom) are making it to the temple weekly! As a missionary we extend commitments to people every day, and you are not exempt from that list. I don't have to tell you that you are blessed for doing so. If I could, I would go to the temple every week as well.

Anyway, have a great week.

Love, Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment