Monday, May 21, 2012

It's A Boy

Dear Parents,
Well, I'm having a baby boy! Not in the worldly sense, but in the weird mission lingo sense. Yes, Elder Ramiah is leaving me to go to Fairfield, and I will be training a brand new missionary. No I don't know his name, where he's from, or anything. Because, he is still in the MTC today! They all get here tomorrow when I'll pick him up. So, it should be interesting. I've waited forever to train! It'll be sad to see Elder Ramiah go, and of course, I will be a babysitter again for 2 problem child missionaries... Awesome. Funny how I always seem to get those kind of missionaries, huh? Elder Schulte and Hunt got moved to a different district, so my district will consist of me and my greenie, another elder who has only been out like 6 months (if that) and his greenie, and then the 2 problem missionaries that have only been out a year (if that as well). As for me, I'll be hitting my 16 month mark this week, crazy! I only have 5 transfers left... that blows my mind.

So we had Stake Conference for the Vacaville stake this weekend, and Elder Zivic of the Seventy came and presided. He's from Argentina, so his English is pretty hard to understand. After the Saturday night adult session (it's still weird to me that I'm considered an adult...) all the missionaries in our zone got a picture with Elder Zivic and his wife. It was a good meeting. Then, yesterday at the general session, President and Sister Bunker gave incredible testimonies. I still can't believe that they're leaving. This is their last transfer before they go home... I'm going to miss them very much; President Bunker is very dear to me.

As for the work here, it's been picking up a bit. We're teaching a few investigators, a few of them have alcohol problems and we're trying to get them into the LDS Services 12-Step Program. But there is still work to be done. Talking about whether I'd have the heat of Vacaville or the stink of Clearlake, well... you must understand that Clearlake stunk because it was freaking hot there. So, I'd prefer just the heat.

I'm really jealous of your trip to Brussels... Give my love to those that you come into contact with! Especially Anita, she was a neat lady, and I liked her a lot. You could just send Max to be with me for a bit, I'll take him around tracting and contacting with me, it'd be fun! I'm sure he'd love to help, plus being in the hot sun all day would wear him out. I would enjoy it! Although, we can't have pets... so that's a problem...

So what all happened with the NFL Draft??? I assume Andrew Luck from Stanford went straight to the Colts? What else happened? What other big news is there? I heard about the coach of the Saints and something about paying players extra to hurt others and take them out of the game. Yikes...

Have a great trip! As to when I am calling on Monday, I'm not sure... I can't think that far in advance! I imagine that I'd call in the morning around 10 your time or something like that... I don't know though... I still have to talk to President Bunker about all that good stuff. I love you both very much! Have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Brennan


No comments:

Post a Comment