Saturday, January 28, 2012

WHOA

Mom and Dad,
 
I feel like I just barely wrote you both... It's been a crazy week. We've had 2 exchanges this week, one with the assistants, and one with some missionaries in our zone. I went down to Sebastapol Tuesday night and came back Thursday morning on my exchange with the AP's. I went with Elder McBride. He was my zone leader in Fairfield, and he was my ZL here in Eureka for a few weeks, so I already knew him and we're friends. It was a really fun exchange, I loved it! Elder Gardner came up here with Elder Christensen, and got to sleep in my bed. He left me a not on my pillow that said, "I love you Effort." Effort was the nickname that I somehow got while in Clearlake. It was awesome... Then, after a day and a half of being back with Elder Christensen, we went on another exchange with our DL. He came down with me in Fortuna and Elder Christensen went up to Arcata. It was another great exchange. We did a lot of biking. We talked to a bunch of atheists that day... more than usual. Lots of interesting things happened... we gave a blessing to a member (Bro. Scott, he's one of my favorite people ever) because his wife (Sis. Scott is our mission mom in Fortuna) is deathly ill... There is no exaggeration with that description either. One of her lungs is full of pus and fluid, she's coughing blood, and it's just all a big mess. They didn't know what to do with here at the hospital here, so they flew her to the hospital in Redding. She's stable now and recovering very slowly. She's being pumped full of antibiotics. We had a lady yell at us because she couldn't get out of her recliner. She kept yelling at us to wait... whatever we said to her, she'd just yell back to wait. She eventually opened the door on the ground... apparently she couldn't get the recliner to go regular so she could get up, so she slid off on her butt and slid to the door... it was weird. That was a weird day.
 
Up here, we're having progress with our 14 year old investigator. Have I told you about her? She lives with her grandparents (they're active members) because something happened that I'm not sure of. We don't have a reason to know. But, she is now reading and praying on her own, she asks her grandparents questions and everything. She wants to learn. It's incredible. She will be baptized soon... not sure how soon, but soon. The rest of our new 'gators are pretty weak sauce... Although, one of them actually calls us to reschedule, so that's promising.
 
I saw that the Super Bowl would be the Giants and the Pats... a rematch of that CRAZY game in like 2007 or something... I REALLY hope that Eli does work once again... I hate the Pats... It should be a really good game... this will be the last Super Bowl that I'll have to miss on my mission! Woo!!!! I can't wait to start watching football again...... But, it can wait.
 
We had Stake Conference this week in Eureka. It was great, we went to the Saturday night session and the Sunday one (of course). Saturday night, we had some members take us out to Applebees for dinner up in Eureka. We sat in a booth in the corner, me and my companion at the time (Elder Clark) were facing the wall so we couldn't see the ESPN that was playing... luckily, or I would have been zone in on that. Guess who walks into Applebees? Sister Bunker... She walks in and I saw her and we waved and whatnot. I forgot that President and Sister Bunker go to all the Stake Conferences. President Bunker walked in shortly after and gave us a smile and a wave... I was so grateful that I was being obedient haha! He didn't catch me staring at a tv or anything... it was awesome. I still felt super nervous for some reason... Not sure why. After we were done eating, we went to say hi and he had us sit down with him and Sister Bunker and we just chatted for a bit. It was lovely. I love that man, he is an inspiration to me. Do ya'll have a picture of me with him and Sister Bunker? I'm going to be really sad when he leaves in July. That's right around the corner! Holy cow! Time flies.......
 
Anywho, I'm not really sure what else to talk about.... keep on keepin on! I love you both, and have a great week! Give Max my love... Still, every time I see a German Shepherd, I'm reminded of my pup.
 
Love,
Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment