Monday, January 16, 2012

Whoa

Parental units,
 
So, I'd like to start off addressing mom's statement about me not ever talking about me being tired. That statement is FALSE. I just don't ever say anything about it because it's not going to make me un-tired. I am exhausted every second of every day... I am working out pretty good though. Elder Christensen makes me get up and run, although when I was on exchanges I still got up and ran without him here. We've been running about a mile and 1/4 a day. It's not fast by any means. I started out going a really short distance, and now we're going longer and longer. We also have a set of 30 lb dumbbells in our bathroom, so whenever we go in we'll do a set of curls or something. So, I am exercising really good. I am getting up on time, and I go to bed at the first chance I get. We're supposed to be in bed by 10:30, but if we're done planning and I don't have anything to do, I'll just go to bed, even if it's 9:40.
 
I'm glad that the Pack lost, especially to the Giants. If it ends up the Giants and the Patriots again, boy, that'll be a good game. Next year, the Browns will be in the Super Bowl, mark my words!
 
 An "LA" member is a Less-Active member. They don't want us to call them inactive anymore...
 
Isn't 3rd Nephi the greatest!? I'm back in Alma right now. I just finished reading about Aaron teaching the king of the Lamanites. Such an amazing story! I love it. I am also almost finished with the New Testament! WOO! My first time haha I don't think I'll be reading the Old Testament while I'm on my mission... too gnarly.
 
There is wood that needs splitting? Well, count me in! I got 4 blisters from doing it last week... They're still not fully healed. I've decided that I'm a manly man, but I'm also a little girl at the same time. I look and act tough, but I have really sensitive skin... I can't handle hot things and I get blisters easy. I've been meaning to send my card... I'll do it at some point hopefully...
 
So me and the companion are doing really good actually. He was and is a tough cookie to figure out. He'll be all goofy and joking one second, and the next he'll be super quiet. We've had some good talks. He definitely is a "go-getter" though. He worries that people look at him and think that he's "fake." He isn't, he really is THAT driven. It is nice for me, it pushed me to do better. We've had a great week too. We picked up 9 new investigators (that's a lot!) and taught 18 lessons. Things are moving forward in this area.
 
I love Lehi's dream... that's what my last blog was about! If you haven't read it, DO IT! I taught Gospel Principles yesterday. I taught it with about an hours notice. Our WML (he's awesome) told me a few weeks ago, but I forgot of course. So, I taught about the gathering of Israel. It's so cool how it is happening now, all over the world; both physically and spiritually. It's sweet! I love having the skill to teach at a moments notice for about 45 minutes, it's nice.
 
The weather here has been beautiful! It has been sunny and around the upper 50s in the afternoon. In the morning (when we wake up) it's in the low 30's. It's supposed to rain all the time up here, but it hasn't hardly rained at all in the past 2 months that I've been here. The rains are coming apparently. I hope it doesn't, it's too beautiful! I'm really excited to bring ya'll up here... I've picked that phrase "ya'll" up since I've been out... Good to hear that Sporty Spice is still going good. People in Fortuna drive trucks, especially diesel trucks. They are EVERYWHERE. I like them a lot actually, although I would never buy one. BUT, I have grown to like the Toyota Tacoma's a lot... they're super nice! Anywho...
 
 It's really weird to think that I'm half way done with my mission... where did the last 12 months go? Was it fast or slow for you both? It's flown by for me... It's crazy to think that I could go home THIS year. Weird. Elder Gardner goes home in June... just 5 months away, and Elder Bacon goes home in July, only 6 months away. That really blows my mind! Elder Gardner wants me to get a place with him in Orem when I get home... so that's an idea. Elder Bacon lives in Provo, so I'll see him all the time too. Man, I love these guys! Gardner is still an AP, so I get to see him a lot. We're going on exchanges this week with the AP's (ZL's go with AP's) but I won't go with him, I'm going with Elder McBride, who I LOVE. McBride has been my ZL before, when i was in Fairfield, and last transfer up here. So, I know them both really well. I'm excited.
 
Anyway, I love you guys. Have a great week, and don't get too cold!
Love,
Elder Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment