Friday, August 12, 2011

Clearlake

Dear Family, (From August 1)

So it's been super hot here. It's been in the upper 90s to low 100s. I'm so happy to have a car now though. This week was alright. We taught 27 lessons in total, which for me is incredible. Since I've been used to weeks with just like 6-15 lessons. Big change. Our "gator" didn't get baptized on Sunday because he's still working with Word of Wisdom issues. We set another date for the end of August. He's awesome though. He's come a long way.

So I got some info for my online work. This is a little harsh, but it makes sense. I think I'll add you guys, but you can't comment on anything I do or post and you can't even talk to me when I'm online. It's harsh and whatnot, but it's necessary so that I can focus.

All 4 missionaries in our Ward spoke yesterday. We killed it. It was awesome. I gave a 10 minute talk on Charity and Love. I prepared it that morning. It was solid too. A few people said it was like a slap in the face to them (in a good way) and our RC said that I should be a professional speaker. I don't know what that was about, but I guess it was good. Elder Gardner spoke on humility, Elder Gifford on the Holy Ghost and Elder Buchan spoke on the Doctrine of Christ. It was a solid meeting. Then afterwards I taught Gospel Principles with 30 seconds notice. I taught about the Gifts of the Spirit. It was a pretty sweet lesson too.

Love you guys!

Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment