Thursday, February 24, 2011

Story of the Week

Hey,

     Well, our good weather had to stop at one point. Of course it would happen right when I get put on a bike too...but this week we had CONSTANT rain and cold and wind. It was tough to deal with, but it was fun at the same time. I have been soaked so so much this week and muddy and everything. But there was a surprising amount of people out in the driving rain so we talked to them and we gave the Spanish Sister missionaries like 7 referrals, which was awesome! As for our teaching and whatnot, there is a lot of potential but we can't make anyone do anything, so they just have to decide for themselves if this is what they want for them.
     It's really hard to believe I'm in my 4th week now! Isn't that crazy!? Time is flying by SO fast it's incredible. Thanks for the shirt too! And the stamps!

     Uhmmm, I went on exchanges with the ZL's (Zone Leader's) this week because my companion is the DL (District Leader), so I went with Elder Epps and we get along great. He's from NC and our ZL's are Spanish speaking. So during our lessons I didn't say much other than no hablo espanol pero comprendo un pocco. That was about it, but I did understand a ton. I just can't speak it. I had an interview with President Bunker this week too. He meets with every missionary every 3 months. I told him that if he ever needs another spanish speaking missionary, I'd be willing to learn and help out. It really would be awesome to speak spanish too because there are so many people we meet on the street that start off speaking perfect english and then they switch to spanish and they say they don't understand. If I knew spanish I would be like AHHH PERFECTO, PORQUE YO HABLO ESPANOL!!! But I can't...I try to speak as much spanish as possible though. Oh well.

     So here is your story of the week... while we were on exchanges, me and Elder Epps were going to teach this lady and in the middle of the lesson the lady starts to breast feed?!?!?!!!! WHAT THE HECK!? I was freaking out in my head. I tried to play it cool but I was flippin out. Elder Epps just kept on teaching like nothing happened. I just pulled out my scriptures and just looked stuff up! Put a blanket over or something - geez! Her kid was like 3 years old too...a little old I think. Man, it was crazy! After the lesson Elder Epps was laughing at me. Understandable because I was just so uncomfortable. But now I have a good story! There will be more to come I'm sure.

     Napa is a very hard area too. It hasn't really opened up. Elder Marsh said it's one of the hardest he's been in on his mission. People just don't remember appointments and they fall through a lot. I'm sure I've said that before, but I don't remember. But yeah, it get frustrating sometimes, but I'm dealing with it pretty good! My teaching is also getting really good too which is always a plus. The other day Elder Marsh said he forgot that I was a new missionary. I was really surprised because I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. But I guess I'm making progress. I still have a ton to learn though. But I'm loving it out here. It's such an awesome experience and I really wouldn't rather be doing anything else with my life at this time. I haven't ever loved the Book of Mormon so much either. When I'm reading it, it's just so hard to put it down. I'm almost done with it. I'm on like Ether 9. But I love the gospel. I've never felt this much love to the gospel before and I haven't ever felt the presence of the Spirit so much either. I LOVE IT!

     So that's all I have to report on this week. I'm glad you had a good time in BXL mom! I'm jealous. Those chocolates gave me some nostalgia. And I loved the letter from Tony! Haha, it made me laugh. As for that message on the phone, let's just say I put it there for him. Hope you guys have a great week. I love you!

Elder Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment